The 130th edition of famous Grass Court Championship- The Wimbledon starts on 27 Jun and continue till 10 Jul 2016. Over the years the standard of tennis has improved and many new players have emerged on the horizon.
Here are some of the key points:-
- N Djokovic is the two times defending Wimbledon champion in Men’s section. Will try and get a hat-trick.
- Serena Williams is the defending Champion in Women’s section.
- Serena Williams will try to make it a double after recent Grand slam Losses and make it to 22 wins to equal Stefi Graf’s record.
- Total prize money- 28.10 millions GBP– 5% increase from last year.
- Men/ women singles winner gets- 2.0 millions GBP.
- Mens Doubles, Womens Doubles , Mixed doubles prize money also increased from last year.
Schedule of Matches
- 27, 28 June- First round matches.
- 29, 30 June- Second round matches.
- 01, 12 July- Third round matches.
- 03 July- No Play.
- 04 July- Round of 16.
- 05 July- Womens Quarter Finals.
- 06 July- Mens Quarter Finals.
- 07 July- Womens Semi Finals.
- 08 July- Mens Semi fanals.
- 09 July- Womens Finals.
- 10 July- Mens Finals.
Good luck all players. Enjoy watching matches.