Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) take on Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) in 55th match of Indian Premier League IPL, 2016 on 22 May at Kolkata. KKR last played against GL on 19 May at Kanpur and lost by 6 wkts.
SRH on the other hand, played against DD on 20 May at Raipur and threw away the match losing by 6 wkts. In their earlier encounter also against DD on 12 May, SRH had thrown away the match to DD. If DD reaches Semi finals, it will be courtesy SRH.
Who Will Win this match? Just Wait and Watch.
- Played- 13, Won- 7 (DD, SRH, KXIP- 2, RCB, RPS- 2), Lost- 6 (MI- 2, DD, GL-2, RCB).
- Opening pair yet to score high.
- Won 3 out of last 6 matches.
- All three all rounders are performing.
- Middle order with Shakib, Y Pathan and A Russel is strong.
- Good spin attack. Pace bowlers struggling.
- Must play C Munro/C Lynn to strengthen batting.
- Drop M Morkel (8 wkts in 9 matches) and play a domestic bowler.
- R Utappa- 50, G Gambhir- 20, M Pandey- 40, S Yadav- 15.
- Shakib Al Hasan- 20, J Holder-20, Yususf Pathan- 20.
- Wicket takers- M Morkel, Shakib Al Hasan, S Narine/B Hogg, A Russel.
- Played- 13, Won- 8 (MI-2, GL, KXIP-2, RCB, GL, RPS), Lost- 5 (RCB, KKR, RPS, DD-2).
- Won last 4 out of last 6 matches.
- Both opening batsmen- D Warner, S Dhawan in great form.
- Best pace attack in IPL- M Rehman, B Sran, B Kumar.
- Weak spin bowlers.
- N Ojha- most useless player in IPL.- rest him.
- Middle order is brittle.
- S Dhawan- 50, D Warner- 15, M Henriques- 15, E Morgan- 30,
- D Hooda- 20, Yuvraj Singh- 20, N Ojha- 10.
- Wicket takers- M Rehman, B Kumar, B Sran, K Sharma.
- SRH middle order is not in form.
- SRH top order may fail.
- KKR top order is due for big scores.
- KKR Spin bowling is potent.
- Battle of KKR Spin vs Pace of SRH
- Overall, KKR is stronger.
Likely Winner- KKR
The top four teams in points table are- GL, SRH, RCB, KKR. If SRH wins, it may move into top slot. If KKR wins with high run rate, it may move to second spot ahead of SRH.