Gujarat Lions (GL) take on Mumbai Indians (MI) in 54th match of VIVO Indian Premier League 2016 on 21 May at Kanpur.
In their last match, GL beat KKR on 19 May by 6 wickets in an exciting match. MI in their last match on 15 May beat DD by 18 runs in a very high scoring match.
Who will win this match? Just wait and watch.
- P- 13, W- 8 (KXIP, RPS-2, MI, RCB, DD, KKR-2), L- 5 (SRH, KXIP, DD, SRH, RCB).
- Erratic opening pair.
- Strong middle order.
- All rounders are unpredictable since last few matches.
- Pace bowlers are good.
- Must play J Faulkner- match winner- can rest D Smith/A Finch.
- B McCullum- 55, D Smith- 20, A Finch- 20, D Karthik- 25, S Raina- 15.
- D Bravo- 20, R Jadeja- 15.
- Wicket takers- D Kulkarni, DBravo, R Jadeja, S Jakati..
- Played- 12, Won- 7 (KKR-2, RCB-2, KXIP, RPS, DD), Lost- 5 (RPS, SRH-2, DD, KXIP).
- Unpredictable team- but, a fighter team.
- R Sharma, J Buttler, K Pollard are match winners.
- Must play U Chand- good batsman.
- Must play S Gopal- leg break.
- Good pace attack. Weak spin bowling,
- M Guptill- 35, R Sharma- 40, A Rayudu- 15, N Rana- 25
- J Butler- 35, K Pandya- 20, K Pollard- 20.
- Wicket takers- N McCleneghan, J Bumrah, K Pandya, Vinay Kumar.
- GL batsmen are not consistent.
- MI had consistent top order.
- MI has better pace and spin bowlers.
- MI has won 4 out of last 8 matches.
- GL has won 2 out of last 6 mathces.
- Overall, MI is a better team going by form.
Likely Winner- MI
Top four teams in points table are- SRH, GL, RCB, KKR. IF GL wins, it moves to the top of the table. However, IF MI wins with high run rate, it moves to 2nd position ahead of GL (on better run rate).