Mumbai Indians (MI) take on Delhi Daredevils (DD) in 47th match of VIVO Indian Premier League 2016 on 15 May at Visakhapatnam.
In their last match, MI lost to KXIP by 7 wickets in a very exciting match. However, DD beat SRH by 7 wkts in a one sided contest. Both the teams will will go all out to unsettle each other in order to move up the points table.
Who will win this match? Just wait and watch.
- Played- 11, Won- 6 (KKR-2, RCB-2, KXIP, RPS), Lost- 5 (RPS, SRH-2, DD, KXIP).
- Very unpredictable team.
- R Sharma, J Buttler, K Pollard are match winners.
- Must play S Gopal and S Lad- leg break bowler and batsman respectively.
- Good pace attack. Weak spin bowling.
- Rest Harbhajan- failure. Play Suchith.
- Top four batsmen are due for big scores.
- R Sharma- 50, U Chand- 30. A Rayudu- 20, N Rana- 20.
- J Butler- 35, K Pandy – 10, K Pollard- 25.
- Wicket takers- T Southee, M McCleneghan, J Bumrah, K Pandya/ Suchith.
- Played- 10, Won-6 (KXIP, RCB, MI, KKR, GL, SRH), Lost- 4 (KKR, GL, RPS, KXIP)
- Heavily dependent on opening pair of QD Kock and S Samson.
- Top four batsmen only in form- may hit a low in this match.
- M Agarwal be rested. R Pant to open innings.
- Unpredictable middle order.
- Make shift captains affect morale of team.
- Must play I Tahir- 5 wkts in 3 matches.
- QD Kock- 20, M Agarwal- 15, S Samson- 25, K Nair- 5.
- JP Duminy/C Braithwait- 40, R Pant- 15, C Morris- 25,
- Wicket takers- A Mishra,J Yadav, M Shami, C Morris.
- DD has very strong overseas played. If they fail, team collapses.
- MI has a steady top order batting line up.
- DD has a potent bowling attack with variety.
- MI also has two top class pacers and good spin line up.
- Overall, MI have an edge due to stronger batting line up.
Likely Winner- MI
Top four teams in points table are- SRH, KKR, GL, DD. Both MI and DD have 12 points each. MI is at No:- 5 slot now. If MI win this match with good run rate, they move to No:- 3 position with 14 points, ahead of GL. In case DD wins with good run rate, they move to No:-2 position with 14 points, ahead of KKR or even top the table leaving SRH at No:- 2 slot.
A very important game today for both teams.