Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) take on Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in 48th match of Indian Premier League IPL, 2016 on 16 May at Kolkata. KKR last played against RPS on 14 May at Kolkata and beat them by 8 wkts on D/L method after rain had stopped play for a long time.
RCB on the other hand, played against GL on 14 May at Bengaluru and beat them by a huge margin of 144 runs.
Who Will Win this match? Just Wait and Watch.
- Played- 11, Won- 7 (DD, SRH, KXIP- 2, RCB, RPS- 2), Lost- 4 (MI- 2, DD, GL).
- Opening pair not among runs. may strike form.
- S Yadav (131 runs in 7 matches), M Pandey (113 runs in 7 matches) must be dropped.
- All three all rounders are performing.
- Middle order with Shakib, Y Pathan and A Russel is strong.
- Good soin as well as pace bowling line up.
- Must play C Munro/C Lynn to strengthen batting.
- Drop M Morkel (4 wkts in 6 matches) and play a domestic bowler.
- R Utappa- 30, G Gambhir- 40, M Pandey= 20, S Yadav- 15.
- Shakib Al Hasan- 25, A Russel- 30, Yususf Pathan- 20.
- Wicket takers- M Morkel, Shakib Al Hasan, S Narine/B Hogg, A Russel.
- Played- 11, Won- 5 (SRH, RPS-2, KXIP, GL), Lost- 6 (DD, MI-2, GL, SRH, KKR)
- Top four batsmen in great form. C Gayle may shine in this match.
- The players look over confident.
- V Kohli and A B de villiers may fail.
- Middle order very weak.
- S Binny, V Aaron not performing. may be changed.
- Weakest bowling line up among all teams.
- S Binny- 1 wkt in 6 matches- failure with bat and bowl. Why in team?
- C Gayle- 50, L Rahul- 15, V Kohli- 20, AB De Villiers- 20.
- S Watson- 30, S Baby- 15, S Binny- 15.
- Wicket takers- Y Chahal, K Richardson/C Jordan, S Watson, S Arvind.
- RCB has very strong and explosive top order. KKR top order is not among runs.
- RCB middle order is weak. KKR middle order is very strong and explosive.
- KKR has a balanced bowling line up with great spin bowlers.
- RCB bowling is weak.
- Overall, KKR is a better performing team as per form.
Likely Winner- KKR
Top four teams in points table are-SR (16 points) and KKR, MI, GL (all with 14 points). If KKR wins this match with good runrate, they may top the table with 16 points.
If RCB wins this match, then they will move to 5th slot ahead of DD (12 points).
Good Luck both the teams.