The 9th match of the league will be played between two Group A teams, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and Cape Cobras (CC) on 28 Sep at Chennai. Both are power packed teams and a keen contest is on the cards.
Played Won Lost
CSK 1 Nil 1-MI
CC 1 1-NSWB Nil
- Strong side with hard hitting batsmen in Murali Vijay, Badrinath, Hussey and Dhoni.
- Except Hussey, no batsman appears to be in good form.
- Bravo is a run getter and must come up at 1 down.
- Morkel should bat lower down to restore situation in case of collapse.
- Morkel is effective, Bollinger wavers, Jakati gets hit all over. Bravo and Raina can trouble batsmen.
- Bollinger could be replaced with Kulasekara who is good in picking up wickets.
- Experienced, well knit side.
- Opening batsmen are hard hitters and score quick runs. Gibbs a match winner.
- Philander, Ontong and Justin Kemp are good all rounders to steer team out of trouble.
- Langeveldt and Steyn check run rate and pick up wickets as well putting opponents under pressure.
- Spinners bowl with common sense and to the field set.
- Superb fielding side.
- With strong batting line up, both teams have the capability to score around 170 runs with ease.
- High scoring match on the cards. Players to watch- Duminy, Owais Shah, Raina, Murali Vijay.
- Bowlers will chnage the course of the match. Watch out for Steyn, Petersen, Raina, Morkel.
- CSK have an edge due to home crowd advantage.
- However, CC are tough fighters and will edge past CSK.