Over the years New Zealand cricket has been on a steady decline whereas, most of the other cricketing nations have improved their game. The statistics speak for themselves.
Test Records For Last 10 Series
Overseas– Out of 7 series, NZ won 2, lost 3 and drew 2.
- NZ in WI- 2014- won 1-0 (2)
- Pak in NZ (UAE)- 2014/15- drawn 1-1 (3)
- NZ in Eng- 2015- drawn- 1-1 (2)
- NZ in Aus- 2015/16- lost- 2-0 (3)
- NZ in Zim- 2016- won- 2-0 (2)
- NZ in SA- 2016- lost- 1-0 (2)
- NZ in Ind- 2016/17- lost 3-0 (3)
Home– Out of 3 series, NZ won 2 and lost 1.
- SL in NZ- 2014- won- 2-0 (2)
- SL in NZ- 2015/16- won- 2-0 (2)
- Aus in Nz- 2015/16- lost- 2-0 (2)
Reasons for Decline
- Top order is inconsistent and failed on most occasions. Big scores elude them.
- Test matches are won by one or two of the top 4/5 batsmen scoeing centuries/high scores.
- M Guptil scored 21,0, 13, 24, 72,29 in recently concluded series.
- T Latham scored 75,2,13,24,57,8 in recently concluded series.
- H Nichols- just average.
- K Williamson has largely been out of form.
- L Taylor scored 0,17,36,4,0,32, in recently concluded series.
- NZ has weak all rounders. Only M Santner is good and delivering. J Neesham is weak.
- NZpacers are of vintage now. New bowlers be inducted .
- Only T Boult is wicket taking. BJ Watling and M Henry have remained out of form. All pacers are very expensive. T Southee too is just average now.
- All NZ batsmen are very weak in playing against spin. R Ashwin and R Jadeja just rattled their wickets with ease.
- Rest M Guptil, K Taylor.
- T Latham and H Nichols are good prospects. Rest them if thier batting does not improve in next two series.
- Give T Southee, and BJ Watling a break- bench suited for them.
- Play new, young all rounders. Try C Anderson in tests.
- Intensive practice against spin is required.
- Young talent needs to be encouraged.
- Old horses be rested. Batting order be changed. M Santner must bat higher up the order. Today, he is the best all rounder in the world.
Stay tuned for more analysis of teams.