India take on Belgium on 03 Jul in 2nd semi final match at Antwerp in the Men’s World Hockey League 2015.
- Beat France 3-2, Beat Poland 3-0.
- Drew with Pakistan 2-2, Lost to Australia 2-6.
- Beat Malaysia 3-2 (Quarter Finals)
- Main Goal Scorers- Ramandeep Singh-4, D Walmiki-2, J Kullar-2 Manpreet Singh-1, Sardar Singh-1
- Forward line combines well, moves very fast on all wings with ability to score at will
- Field goal scoring capability is very high- making full use of opportunities.
- Feeding from halves is good but can improve.
- Penalty corner conversion is very poor.
- Defense is average- at times, unable to ward off opponents attacks
- Tackling can improve.
- Goal keeper is rock solid.
- Scorers out of- Ramandeep Singh, D Walmiki, Akaashdeep, Manpreet Singh, Lalit and N Thimmaiah.
- Drew with Great Britain 2-2, Beat China 6-0.
- Beat Malaysia 2-0, Lost to Great Britain 3-1.
- Beat France 4-3 (Quarter Finals)
- Main Goal Scorers-A Keusters-3, D Thiery-2, S Gougnard’s-2, Namgolan-1, John-John Dohmen, R Namgolan -2 each, Dockier’s and Lupeart-1 each.
- Aggressive, strong forward line which attacks opponents defense repeatedly.
- Wings movement is exemplary, well coordinated and quick.
- Mid field game is well controlled and passing is good.
- Good defense- caves in under pressure
- High rate of penalty corner conversion
- Goalkeeper is agile and saves many goals.
- Goal scorers may be out of -Keusters, Thiery, Namgolan, M Felkini, Gougnard’s, John-John Dohmen.
- Ball control and stick work of Indian team is better.
- Belgium is superior in Swiftness in field.
- India is better in scoring field goals and grabbing opportunities to score.
- Belgium is better in scoring through penalty corners.
- Overall India has an edge due to high forward line scoring capability.
Likely Winner-India- margin 3-2