Sri Lanka takes on India in the 1st ODI on 20 Aug at Dumbulla. With a 3-0 clean sweep of test series, India are hot favorites to win 5 match ODI series as well.
Can Sri Lanka bounce back and beat India? Just wait and watch.
India has discarded few test players and Sri Lanka has added some new faces in the team. Let us see whose gamble plays off.
- Good capable players but lack confidence.
- Erratic performance in past ODIs.
- Good young all rounders.
- One out of D Gunathilaka and N Dickwela will score 50.
- Good knocks from K Mendis and U Tharanga. One of them may get a hundred.
- A Mathews, Kapugedara and T Perera will add useful runs.
- Depth in batting order.
- Balanced bowling line up.
- Likely wicket takers- L Sandakan. A Mathews and V Fernando.
- Capability- 290 runs.
- Line up is strong on paper.
- Top order has tremendous experience.
- Only S Dhawan, KL Rahul and V Kohli are capable of scoring high.
- S Dhawan and KL Rahul will give a good opening stand with one getting past 60 runs.
- V Kohli may score around 80 runs.
- MS Dhoni, K Jadhav wont get past 30 runs each.
- H Pandya may add 40 runs with lusty hitting.
- Weak inexperienced middle order.
- Average all rounders.
- Capability- 250 runs.
- Likely wicket takers- B Kumr, J Bumrah, K Yadav.
- Sri Lankan batting has depth and all rounders are more experienced and stronger.
- India batting order is brittle with not many players in form.
- Sri Lanka has better spinners.
- India has better pacers.
- Overall, Sri Lanka has an edge and may surprise India.
Likely Winner- Sri Lanka
Cast vote for your favorite team.