Cricket is becoming popular in the world day by day. A few years back, Bangla Desh and was slowly growing as a cricketing nation. In recent years, countries like Afghanistan, Nepal, UAE and Hong Kong have improved tremendously in T20 and ODI formats of the game.
Hong Kong is currently on a tour of Ireland (tw0 x T20 matches) and will tour Scotland from 08 to 10 Sep16 during which they will play two x ODIs. Can Hong Kong bear Scotland in their home ground of Grange Cricket Club. Edinburgh? Just wait and watch
Hong Kong has not played many ODIs (none in last one year) but, Scotland has been in good form in ODIs. It will be very challenging for Hong Kong players to last 50 overs without any recognised players for this format. Their batsmen will require special efforts and dedication to stay at the wicket. The bowlers will have to over stretch to bowl 10 overs.
On the other hand, Scotland players are more experienced in this format having won both the ODIS against UAE in Aug this year.
Nevertheless, the series will be a good test for Hong Kong to tackle a strong Scottish challenge.
- Very little exposure to ODIs.
- Only three promising batsmen- Nizakat Khan, B Hayat and E Khan.
- Very weak middle and lower order.
- Only A Rath appears to be a good all rounder.
- Average Fast bowlers with weak spin attack.
- N Khan- 55, A Khan- 10, B Hayat- 45.
- A Rath- 20, E Khan-30, S Wasif-15.
- Wicket takers- T Afzal, N Ahmed (Spin), T Ahmed, E Nawaz.
- Well experienced side.
- Top order batsmen (K Coetzer, P Momsen, C MacLeod) have scored centuries in ODIs.
- Good all rounders.
- Potent and accurate pace bowlers.
- Good spin bowlers (M Leask, M Cross)
- K Coetzer- 40, C Wallace- 60, C MacLeod- 110.
- P Momsen- 90, R Barrington- 35.
- Wicket takers- A Evans, C Sole, Con De Lange, M Leask, M Cross.
- Scotland is very strong in all departments of the game.
- Hong Kong may surprise by withstanding full 50 overs but, that is a remote possibility.
- A total of more than 300 runs is on the cards if Scotland bats first.
- In case Hong Kong bats first, it is likely that the team will bundle up for about 130 runs in just about 30 plus overs.
Likely Winner- Scotland
Polls- Viewers can vote for their favorite team.