Cricketing standards have improved by leaps and bounds and many teams touch a total of 200 in T20 matches. All this has been possible due to new set of rules, modern technology to assist umpires and media projection of a team.
ICC World T20 tournament is already under way and it is time to analyse the potentials of each team. What you will read will be purely my views. Factors like pitches, playing conditions, form and fitness of players, past records, tenacity and mental robustness of captains, coaching staff and many others have been taken into account while analyzing capability of each team.
However, Run Up to the Semi Finals will showcase the true form of current squads and will help in fathoming their performances in further matches. Once top four teams are listed out, predicting a winner would be a lot more easier.
- Top order in form. M Guptill, K Williamson, R Taylor and G Elliot are shaping up the innings well.
- In form two All rounders- G Elliot and C Anderson.
- Spin Options- Enough spin archery in experienced N McCullum, young M Santner, Ish Sodhi, H Nicholls.
- Ability to play under pressure.
- Potent Pace attack. T Boult, A Milne, McCleneghan bowl good line and are economical. T Southee should have been replaced by M Henry-a wicket taker.
- Crumble against good spin bowling.
- Lack of good opening pair- C Monroe not set as an opening batsmen. for B McCullum.
- Weak middle order.
- In experienced captain.
Watch Out For– K Williamson, M Santner, M Guptil.
Overall- Well balanced side with strong bowling line up. At times, may be let down by inconsistent batting.
Likely position- 3rd/4th