In 1st T 20 encounter with England on 26 Jan at Kanpur, India was beaten comprehensively by 7 wickets showing complete domination of the game by England.
In 2nd T 20 match at Nagpur on 29 Jan, India came from behind to surprisingly beat England by 5 runs.
What will happen in the 3rd T 20 on 01 Feb at Bangaluru between these two cricketing giants?
Who Will Win? Who Will win this match to clinch the series? Just wait and watch.
- Analysis is purely my personal assessment based on statistics and my pick of players. Actual playing Eleven may vary .
- Freak/unexpected performances (batting, bowling) can change course of game. Very much possible in a T 20 game.
- I am not an astrologer. Cricket is my passion hence, i write posts.
- My posts are primarily meant for cricket lovers/enthusiasts and not those who involve in betting which is an offence in India.
- Just read my analysis for whatever worth it is, chill and enjoy the game. Keep smiling.
How often have we seen statistics being proved wrong. On paper, England is a far better team than India in all departments of the game. Yet, at crucial times, their players just fail while confronting excellent spells of J Bumrah and A Nehra in last 3 overs of 2nd T20 which cost them the match (in addition to a couple of umpiring decisions which went against them). Well, that is the beauty of T20 game. Anything can happen anytime.
It is Pacy and bouncy. Seamers will derive all benefits- results of past matches indicate this trend.
- Good team combination.
- Has some great batsmen and bowlers.
- Unlucky to go down in 2nd T 20.
- Openers- J Roy and S Billings will try to give a good start. Failed to do so in previous matches.
- Depth in batting- till Number 9.
- Excellent pacers- C Jordan, B Stokes and T Mills.
- Moeen Ali and A Rashid are economical and wicket takers.
- Strong all rounders- B Stokes, D Willey, C Jordan and M Ali.
- L Dawson may be rested and a pacer/all rounder played- L Plunkett/D Willey.
- J Roy/ S Billings will score high.
- J Roy- 50, Sam Billings- 35, J Root- 15
- E Morgan- 25, J B Stokes- 20, J Butler- 35.
- Remaining can add another 30 runs.
- Main wicket takers- B Stokes, T Mills, C Jordan.
- High in confidence after winning 2nd T 20.
- Batting line up very weak. Top and middle order brittle.
- Most batsmen are struggling including V Kohli, Yuvraj, S Raina and Manish Pandey.
- Average pacers except T20 expert A Nehra and surprise performer J Bumrah.
- Some freak performances form one or two players help India put up a good show.
- KL Rahul, opener in form. Must play R Pant as second opener.
- Yuvraj and MS Dhoni need to sit on bench- both failures and low scorers.
- Weak all rounders- H Pandya and Yuvraj are no all rounders.
- Very strong spin battery- Y Chahal and A Mishra.
- R Pant- 25, KL Rahul- 35, V Kohli- 30, S Raina- 20.
- Yuvraj Singh- 15, M Pandey- 20, MS Dhoni- 15.
- Remaining may add another- 20 runs.
- Main Wicket takers- A Mishra, Y Chahal, J Bumrah.
- Both teams would go all out to win this decider.
- England batting is solid. India batting is weak.
- India has an edge in spin bowling. Playing three spinners will be fool hardiness.
- England all rounders are very good and delivering.
- In true sense, India has no all rounder (exist only on paper).
- India is still riding a wave of over confidence and complacency.
- Both E Morgan and V Kohli are great captains. However, E Morgan controls the game better.
- Pacers will dominate the match.
- High scoring match expected.
- Overall England is a far superior side- looks invincible.
Prediction- Likely Winner- England.
Polls- Cast vote for your favorite team.