The 3 match ODI series between England and India is turning out to be an exciting one in spite of India having clinched the series with a 2-0 lead. Each team scored more than 350 runs in both the ODIs.
We have never seen such a fight back by both teams ever in their earlier encounters. Weldone England and India. Cricket has been played in true spirit of the game.
3rd ODI will be played on 22 Jan at Eden Gardens Kolkata.
India won the 1st ODI with 3 wkts and 2nd won by just 15 runs. The way E Morgan was thrashing Indian bowlers, it appeared as if he will see England through for a victory but, unfortunately, he got out in a kiddish manner and India heaved a sigh of relief.
Can India win the 3rd ODI ? Can England revenge two defeats in a big way by beating India by a huge margin? Just wait and watch.
- Analysis is based on my statistics and pick of players. Actual playing eleven may vary.
- Freak performances (batting, bowling) can change course of game.
- I am not an astrologer.
- Do not sulk/crib. Just read on and enjoy the game.
It is a batsman friendly pitch and a good batsman can plunder runs. The outfield is very fast. Pace bowlers will get assistance in swing and bounce in earlier overs. Spinners can expect some help as well.
- Extremely strong top order and batting line up till Number 9.
- Top 6 batsmen are in tremendous form.
- Batsmen fail to convert high scores into centuries- need more focus.
- A Hales is injured. Sam Billing (in form batsman recalled from Big Bash League in Australia) may play. Batting further strengthened.
- J Ball may be replaced by L Dawson
- Pacers lack discipline. Must bowl sensibly to the set field. Got to be mentally strong.
- J Butler/S Billings/J Root may score century.
- J Roy- 45, S Billings- 110, J Root- 50.
- E Morgan- 50, J Butler- 35, B Stokes- 30, M Ali- 30.
- Wicket takers- C Woakes, L Dawson, Adil Rashid.
- Still in search for two good openers.
- Both S Dhawan (1, 11 ) and KL Rahul (8, 5) have failed in the series. A Rahane will open with either of these two.
- S Dhawan has never done well in last 10 matches. How is he in the team?
- Middle order excelled- V Kohli, MS Dhoni, Yuvraj and K Jadav.
- Unlikely that above quartet will score high- lack consistency- None scored high in both matches.
- Lower order is very weak.
- Ashwin is the only effective bowler. All pacers are just average and well punished in previous matches.
- A Rahane may score a century.
- Team may not be able to score even 300 runs on a fast track.
- A Rahane- 105, KL Rahul-35, V Kohli- 30.
- Yuvraj Singh- 40, MS Dhoni- 45, K Jadhav- 45.
- Wicket takers- R Ashwin, J Bumrah, H Pandya.
- England has a very strong batting line up.
- India batting is very weak and inconsistent.
- Freak performances from middle order batsmen as in last match may not happen.
- England pacers will find bouncy pitches more favorable than Indian counter parts.
- India has no genuine all rounder. England has many.
- Complacency may hit India.
- Overall, England is a much stronger team.
Predictions- Likely Winner- England
Polls- Cast vote for your favorite team.