After beating India very convincingly in 1st test in just three days, Australia is likely to go out firing on all cylinders when they take on hosts in 2nd Test match at Bangaluru starting on 03 Mar 2017.
It will be interesting to see the strategy being adopted by Kohli and his men to ensure better performance in this test.
Who Will win? Just wait and watch.
Well prepared unlike pitch at Pune which was poorly curated. For first two days two days pitch will assist batsmen and from third day onwards, it will start turning, Team batting last will have to negotiate spin well.
- India will be like a wounded Tiger aiming to revenge last defeat.
- Out of form batsmen. Weak middle order. Batsmen very weak against spin.
- Average pace attack. Spinners not very effective.
- May go for 7 batsmen (including wicket keeper) and 4 bowlers.
- H Pandya and B Kumar may replace J Yadav and Ishant Sharma (failures in last match) respectively.
- K Nair (triple century scorer against England) may also play replacing J Yadav.
- A Mukund is a top order batsman but he may not be played in this test.
- No genuine all rounders.
- L Rahul and Kohli not likely to score past 50 in any innings.
- Two out of M Vijay, A Rahane, K Nair and C Pujara will score centuries in either of the innings. Others will get past fifty in either innings.
- R Jadeja will score half centuries in either of the innings.
- B Kumar will pick up wickets. Main damage will be done by R Ashwin, R Jadeja.
- Team is capable of scoring around 300 runs maximum batting first after winning toss. Second innings capability 250 runs.
- Morale high after convincing win.
- Openers clicking. All batsmen in good form.
- Batsmen apply themselves very well. All rounders are delivering.
- Team is well knit and combining very well.
- Not likely to change any players. Good players like U Khawaja and G Maxwell will wait in pavilion.
- M Staarc ann J Hazlewood are true pacers who can trouble any batsman on any wicket.
- Steve O Keef and N Lyon will excel again and trouble opponents.
- Fielding is excellent and players are fully fit.
- Two out of M Reneshaw, D Warner and P Handscomb will score century in each innings.
- S Smith and S Marsh will score around 50 in each innings.
- Middle order batsmen will score as well.
- Steve O Keef magic will prevail, He will trouble all batsmen and rattle around 4 wickets in each innings.
- N Lyon has studied Indian batsmen well and will pick up wickets as well.
- M Staarc and J Hazlewood will provide initial break through.
- Australia can easily muster 450 runs if they bat first. On a turning track , say on 4th or 5th day, they can manage around 300 runs.
- Morale of Indian players will be low after last match defeat.
- Australia batting, bowling and fielding is far better than India.
- Australia can score 400-450 runs batting first. India can muster up about 250-275 runs. With sufficient lead Australia will be able to score 300 runs setting target of 450 for India to chase- difficult.
- India capability is 300 run on day 1 and 2 and only 250 runs on day 4 and 5.
- If Indian batsmen do not apply themselves well and pay sensibly, there could be a repeat of first test.
- India will improve performance in this match but will fall short of matching Australia.
- The match will drag into Day 5. Can end on Day 4 if India bats poorly.
- Overall Australia is stronger.
Likely Winner- Australia
Cast vote for your favorite team