India would be looking to wrap up 3 x ODI Series by another win when they patch up with England in 2nd ODI at Cuttack on 19 Jan 2017. Can England stage a fight back to trounce India? Who will win? Just wait and watch.
In the last ODI on 16 Jan, India managed a win courtesy efforts of V Kohli and K Jadhav. The bowlers let India down. Similarly, England bowlers failed miserably to defend such a huge total of 350 runs. It is ridiculous.
With a superb batting line up where all batsmen contributed unlike Indian top order, England were unlucky to register a loss. The poor body language of Indian players was clearly noticeable after England innings folded at 350 runs. Poor show.
- Analysis is based on my statistics and pick of players. Actual playing Eleven may vary.
- Freak performances (batting, bowling) can change course of game.
- I am not an astrologer.
- Just read on and enjoy the game.
- Excellent well knit team.
- Very strong batting line up– till Number 9 player.
- Bowlers unable to make a positive dent on Indian Batting.
- Bowlers are good but, need to be more disciplined and use mind to upset batmen.
- Expect a century from A Hales/ J Root/ E Morgan.
- L Plunkett may play.
- A Hales- 105, J Roy-30, J Root- 40
- J Butler- 40, E Morgan- 45, B Stokes- 20, Moeen Ali- 25.
- Wicket takers- B Stoakes, Adil Rashid, D Willey.
- Weak openers. A Rahane may open.
- Heavy dependence on V Kohli and Asnwin- win matches because of them.
- Freak performances help innings to stabilize.
- Weak all rounders.
- Average pace bowlers. B Kumar may replace U Yadav.
- Why constant failures like S Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh are in team? Defies logic.
- Either KL Rahul or A Rahane will score 80 plus runs. Rest will add some runs.
- KL Rahul- 80, A Rahane- 45, V Kohli- 25.
- Yuvraj Singh- 30, K Jadhave- 45, MS Dhoni- 40
- Wicket takers- R Ashwin, B Kumar, H Pandya.
- England team has better batsmen. Their bowlers need to pull up their socks.
- Indian all rounders are weaker.
- India has better spin power.
- Kohli fails, India fails.
- Overall, England is a better team.
Prediction- Likely Winner-England
Polls- Cast vote for your favorite team.