The touring New Zealand cricket team will take on India in the first test match from 22 to 26 Sep 2016 at Kanpur. The visitors played against Mumbai in a 3 day match at New Delhi from 16 to 18 Sep. Can India beat New Zealand in this test? Just wait and watch.
New Zealand recently lost test series 1-0 against South Africa. The men in Blue had beaten visiting South African side 3-0 last year. Indian team can not take the Black Caps lightly since their captain K Williamson has scored maximum centuries against other teams.
Both teams have strong spinners and potent pace attack. However, this match will be a real test of batting strength of Men in Blue vs Spin power of Black Caps.
Season for cricket in India has begun. Therefore, fasten your seat belts, read my posts regularly and await exciting moments in this glorious game of cricket.
The better team shall win.
Most of the top order batsmen got a chance to bat and scored some runs in the practice match. L Ronchi scored a century and K Williamson scored polished 50 runs. Other batsmen seemed to struggle against mediocre Mumbai pace attack.M Guptil and H Nicholls looked average. R Taylor was rested.
On the bowling front, T Boult, D Bracewell, M Craig found it difficult to to bowl out batsmen. I Sodhi was expensive in picking up 2 wickets. M Santner looked impressive. J Neesham was very economical in his spell.
- Actual playing eleven may differ. Predictions are based on team selected by me.
- Players scoring centuries may do so in any of the innings.
- Wicket takers are named based on wickets taken in both innings.
- Well balanced team.
- All rounders will contribute effectively- J Neesham and M Santner.
- K Williamson, R Taylor/M Guptil may sore centuries.
- M Guptil- 70, 25, H Nicholls- 30, 35, K Williamson- 45, 110.
- R Taylor- 105, 15, J Neesham- 25, 60, L Ronchi- 40, 35.
- Wicket takers- M Santner, I Sodhi, T Bracewell, T Southee.
- M Santner and I Sodhi may spell a doom’s day for opponents.
- Strong on paper.
- No tests on home soil since one year.
- Search for genuine opening pair. KL Rahul/ S Dhawan/ M Vijay.
- V Kohli may hit a low form.
- M Vijay and A Rahane/ R Sharma will score centuries.
- No genuine all rounder. R Jadeja is out of form, R Ashwin scores once in a blue moon.
- M Vijay- 120, 40, S Dhawan- 35, 30, V Kohli- 30, 40.
- A Rahane- 20, 110, R Sharma- 60 20, R Jadeja- 20, 15.
- Main wicket takers- A Mishra, R Ashwin, I Sharma, M Shami.
- Test of wits.
- Test of captaincy skills- K Williamson is cool, calculative, V Kohli is impulsive, short temepered.
- NZ have an edge in all rounders. J Neesham is a game changer.
- Indian opening pair selection is a dilema.
- Both sides (pacers) have reverse swing capabilities.
- Spin power is at par- Santner and Sodhi vs Ashwin and Mishra.
- NZ batsmen have played more cricket togethr than Team India batsmen (far too many changes/combinations).
Kanpur wicket is a turning one. Toss will be crucial. Team winning the toss would want to bat first and post a huge score (400 plus). Each team may be able to score around 350 runs max in an innings. Batsmen who apply themselves on a turning wicket will survive. The match may not go into Day 5.
Likely Winner- New Zealand
Poll. Cast your vote for your favorite team.