AS take on ST in 29th match of Big Bash League 2016-17 at Sydney on 18 Jan.
Can Strikers trounce Thunder? Just wait and watch.
- Analysis is based on my statistics and pick of players. Playing Eleven may be different.
- Freak performances (batting, bowling) can change course of game.
- I am not an astrologer.
- Just read on and enjoy the game.
In last match between BH and MS on 17 Jan, BH came from behind to put up a great fight to trounce MS. That was a creditable display of team work by almost a new squad.
- P- 7, W- 2 (SS, HH), L- 5 (BH, PS, HH, MS, MR).
- New players tried in last match against MS on 10 Jan- not successful.
- B Dunk and T Ludeman appear to be good openers.
- Still looking for Ideal playing eleven.
- Except B Dunk and B Hodge, all batsmen have failed to get good scores.
- Very weak middle order.
- B Laughlin and M Neser are average pace bowlers but pick up wicket.
- Weak spin attack.
- J Westherald- 30, T Ludeman- 25, B Dunk- 2o.
- B Hodge- 20. J Dean- 30, K Pollard- 35.
- Wicket takers- I Sodhi, B Laughlin, M Neser.
- P-7, W- 3 (MS, HH, SS), L- 4 (SS, MR, BH, PS)
- Won last 3 successive matches.
- Team stronger with inclusion of J Vince, S Watson, A Blizzard and C Brathwait.
- Top order in very good form.
- All rounders Watson and Brathwait are in good form.
- Middle order is strong.
- Pace attack is good.
- K Patterson- 25, J Vince- 50, S Watson- 40.
- B Roherer- 15, C Braithwait- 25, R Gibson-20.
- Main wicket takers- C Green, F Ahmed, C Braithwait.
- ST is a balanced side with strong batsmen.
- AS is a weaker side still struggling.
- Overall, ST is better.
Prediction- Likely Winner- ST
Polls– Cast your vote for favorite team.