MS take on SS in last match of Big Bash League 2016-17 at Melbourne on 21 Jan. Both teams have been forced to change players due to other commitments/injuries.
Currently, MS is at Number 2 position and SS is at Number 6 position in the Points Table.
Can SS trounce Stars and hope for a place in semi finals based on high run rate? Just wait and watch.
- In PS vs HH Match- PS already in Semi Finals. If HH wins, they can hope to qualify for SF baed on outcome of match between SS and MM- HH would want SS to lose.
- SS vs MS match- MS already in to 4. Loss will not affect them. If SS wins, thay can hope to get into top four on basis if runrate if HH loses to PS.
- Analysis is based on my statistics and pick of players. Playing Eleven may be different.
- Freak performances (batting, bowling) can change course of game.
- I am not an astrologer.
- Just read on and enjoy the game.
- P- 7, W- 4 (HH, MR, AS, PS), L- 3 (MR, ST, BH)
- J Faulkner, G Maxwell, P Handscombe, M Stoinis, A Zampa not avaialable.
- Heavy dependence on K Pietersen, L Wright, A Quiney.
- Good pace attack.
- No good all rounders.
- Poor spin attack.
- A Quiney- 40, L Wright- 35, D Hussey- 25.
- K Pietersen- 30, S Gotch- 20, E Gulbis- 20.
- Wicket takers – B Hilfenhaus, S Boland/ J Coleman, L Bowe.
- P- 7, W-4 (ST, PS, BH, MR), L- 3 (HH, AS, ST)
- M Lumb and D Hughes are the new openers.
- C Munro is a match winner on his day.
- Bowled out twice.
- J Botha and W Somervile are a good spin duo.
- S Abbot and B Dwarshious are expensive- Economy rate 9.0.
- D Hughes- 20, M Lumb- 45, C Munro- 30.
- N Maddinson- 20, B Haddin- 25, M Henriques- 40,.
- Main wicket takers- S Abbot, B Dwarshious, J Botha.
- Top three of both teams are very explosive and their form will decide game.
- SS has depth in batting.
- Too many players gone out of team has unsettled it.
- Pace attack at par in both sides.
- MS has weak spin power.
- SS All rounders are better.Overall, SS is stronger.
Predictions- Likely Winner- SS
Polls- Cast vote for your favorite team.