Australia and India clash once again in 2nd ODI at Kolkata on 21 Sep 2017. DLS method proved unlucky for the visitors in 1st ODI which India won by 25 runs.
Will Australia stage a comeback in this ODI to level the series? Who will win? Just wait and watch.
Pitch– Is bouncy and likely to assist pacers.
- Must have learn few lessons from 1st ODI- will apply them.
- Tackling spin is a problem- needs application from players.
- Played some silly shots in last match to speed up scoring- controlled game required.
- H Cartwright (out of form) could be replaced by P Handscombe.
- D Warne, S Smith and T Head will shine and score high- one of them getting past 80 runs.
- G Maxwell is in form and will get 40 runs.
- M Wade, J Faulkner, M Stoinis may get around 20 runs each. Remaining- 30 runs.
- A Agar may replace A Zampa.
- Strength lies in accurate pace attack. main wkt takers- P Cummins, N Coulter Nile and A Zampa.
- Capability- 300 runs.
- Top order failed in first match as expected. Weakness against genuine pace is evident.
- Savior H Pandya, a true all rounder always plays a crucial role- may fail in this match.
- K L Rahul may replace A Rahane / M Pandey. Will score around 50 runs.
- Middle order is weak. can not play pace well.
- R Sharma and V Kohli will shine- getting 40 plus runs.
- MS Dhoni, K Jadhav may get 20 each.
- Spinners will find it difficult to get wkts.
- Main wkt takers- B Kumar- J Bumrah- Y Chahal.
- Capability 250 runs.
- Top three batsmen will decide the course of match.
- Australia has better batsmen. India batting is brittle.
- Pacers are at par. Indian spinners have an edge.
- Overall, Australia has an edge due to better batsmen, all rounders and depth in batting
Likely Winner- Australia
Polls– Vote for your favorite team.