After a successful Test, ODI and T20 series against England last month, India will have to undergo some testing times against a well set and strong Australia in the 1st Test match at Pune from 23 Feb 2017 on wards.
On Day 1, Austraia put up a good show against top class Indian spin attack and mustered up 259/9 with Umesh Yadav (surprisingly) picking up 4 wickets. Opener Matt Renshaw impressed with 68 runs.
- Balanced team. All players in form and are scoring runs.
- Very strong batting line up till 6 down.
- Watch out for sparkling innings from D Warner, S Smith and M Wade.
- Intelligent wicket taking pacers- M Staarc, J Hazlewood.
- Steve O Keefe and N Lyon will exploit turning track.
- Surprising one great all rounder in M Marsh- good move.
- Most batsmen out of form. Weak top order.
- Heavy reliance on Kohli- failed in first innings.
- KL Rahul and A Rahane will shine.
- Lower order has excelled in past.
- Strong spin attack- R Ashwin, R Jadeja and J Yadav.
- Erratic pace attack in Ishant Sharma and Umesh Yadav.
- Average all rounders in R Jadeja and J Yadav.
- Australia has done good homework- tackled spin well in first innings.
- Australian pacers will pin down Indian batsmen.
- Australian spinners have put Indian batsmen on back foot after three early wickets.
- Wicket will turn more as match proceeds.
- India have a strong tail end. Will it wag? Yet to be seen.
- Overall, Australia is a stronger team and has an edge.
Prediction. India may reach upto 200 against a spirited Australian attack, Australia with a lead of about 60 runs may score 300 in second innings and will bowl out India by 275 runs to win the match on Day 5. Indian batting will crumble. R Ashwin may cause some damage. N Lyon and M Staarc will rattle wickets.
Likely Winner- Australia
Polls– Vote for your favorite team.