In the decider of 4 test match series, India take on Australia at Dharamsala from 25 to 29 Mar 2017. Riding a wave of controversies, the 4th test match will be a tough contest between two cricketing giants of modern era.
It will be a game of grit, determination and nerves. Who will win? Just wait and watch.
Good for batting and bowling. Will it crumble as the match progresses? That is yet to be seen. The spinners may get assistance on last two days. With short boundaries, batsmen with confidence only can plunder runs.
Team winning the toss will bat and try to pile up runs to gain first innings led. With wicket helping bowlers, scoring more than 350 in first innings will be difficult.
- Consistent batsmen L Rahul and C Pujara are not likely to score more than 35 runs in any innings.
- M Vijay will retain form and score high in any one innings.
- V Kohli may regain form and slog around for a while with injured shoulder. Can score 50 plus in any one innings.
- India playing five bowlers will be a blunder. Batting is weak and additional batsman will be beneficial.
- S Iyer will play if Kohli opts to rest. S Iyer’s contribution will be below 20 in each innings.
- K Nair has failed in last two tests. Unlikely to strike it rich. May be rested.
- A Rahane will score a century in first innings.
- W Saha, R Jadeja are worth 30 runs each.
- B Kumar/ M Shami will replace Ishant Sharma who managed just 3 wickets in 6 innings. As always, main wicket takers will be R Ashwin and R Jadeja.
- Unless some batsman comes up with a freak performance, India may reach 300 plus runs in first innings.
- Team confidence on a high after determined performance in 3rd test.
- Very strong and consistent batting line up. Improved batting with each match.
- U Khawaja/ D Warner will score a century in any one innings.
- M Stoinis, an all rounder may be a surprise inclusion in the team.
- S Smith, M Renshaw will fail scoring 30 plus in each innings.
- S Marsh and P Handscomb may score a century in one of the innings.
- G Maxwell will contribute around 50 plus runs in both innings.
- M Wade will be worth 30 runs.
- P Cummins and J Hazlewood will provide initial break through.
- N Lyon, Steve O Keef will cast their magic once again and capture more than 5 wickets each.
- Can score around 400 runs easily at a brisk pace after winning the toss.
- The application and focus of Australia batsmen is better than Indian counterparts.
- India has just C Pujara and L Rahul in form.
- Australia batsmen and more consistent.
- India middle order is inexperienced and very weak. The tail hardly wags.
- India has only one all rounder in R Jadeja. Australia has two.
- Australia pacers will dig out more advantage out of pitch with rising deliveries.
- It will be a test of nerves for all players.
- It will be a test of two great captains.
- The match may end on Day 4.
- Likely Winner- Australia
Polls- Cast your vote for favorite team.