After being humbled in 1st test match and struggling for most part of 2nd test match, India came back from behind (courtesy R Ashwin and R Jadeja) to beat a strong Australia side by 55 runs.
The crucial 3rd test is under way from 16 Mar on wards. Day 1 belonged to Australia.
Which team will dominate Day 2? Which way will the match head on? Who Will Win? Just wait and watch.
- Murali Vijay replaces A Mukund (why was he played)
- L Rahul, V Kohli and K Nair will fail.
- Two out of Murali Vijay, A Rahane, C Pujara will be involved in rescue act.
- Expect a century out of one of these three players in 1st innings.
- Remaining batsmen will be mere passengers.
- R Ashwin and R Jadeja will cause some damage.
- I Sharma and U Yadav will struggle.
- Capability- max 300 runs in each innings.
- P Cummins replaced injured M Staarc.
- G Maxwell replaced M Marsh- to strengthen batting.
- All top seven batsmen in great form.
- S Smith will go on to score a double century- gritty player.
- M Marsh and M Wade will strengthen first innings.
- Two out of M Renshaw/D Warner/ S Marsh/P Handscomb will score more than 80 runs in second innings.
- P Cummins, N Lyon and Steve O Keef will rattle wickets. SO Keef may capture 8 wkts .
- Capability- max 450 runs in each innings.
- Australia batsmen are more complete than Indian counterparts.
- Spin power same on both sides.
- Aus have an edge in pace attack.
- Aus all rounders are more promising.
- V Kohli off the field may withdraw a bit of aggression from Indian team.
- Overall, Aus is very strong.
Likely Scores- Aus- 450 and 275, India- 325 and 250
Likely Winner- Australia