Hong Kong came close to winning the rain curtailed 1at ODI (20 overs a side) at Edinburgh on 08 Sep 2016. It turned out to be a total T20 affair. Selecting to bat, Scotland put up a decent 153/6 in 20 overs. K Coetzer slammed 53 in 30 balls.
The run chase for Hong Kong ended at 136/4 in 18 overs when play was stopped due to rain which had ruined the day’s proceedings earlier too. N Khan wss the top scorer with 43 of 26 balls. The match ended with NO RESULT.
Hong Kong takes on Scotland on 10 Sep 2016 in 2nd ODI at their home ground Grange Cricket Club. Edinburgh? Who will win? Just wait and watch.
The weather predictions are good- Bright and sunny day but windy. A good contest is on the cards.
Hong Kong has not played many ODIs (none in last one year) but, Scotland has been in good form in ODIs. It will be very challenging for Hong Kong players to last 50 overs without any recognised players for this format. Although, the rain curtailed 1st ODI must have given the players some feel of the pitch and conditions but a 50 over match is a different ball game altogether. Their batsmen will require special efforts and dedication to stay at the wicket. The bowlers will have to over stretch to bowl 10 overs.
On the other hand, Scotland players are more experienced, quick scorers in this format having won both the ODIs against UAE in Aug this year. Moreover, yesterday’s match must have given them good insights into Hong Kong bowlers to get the better of them in tomorrow’s game.
The question still remains- Can Hong Kong tackle a strong Scottish challenge?
- Very little exposure to ODIs.
- Only three reliable batsmen- Nizakat Khan, B Hayat and E Khan.
- Weak middle and lower order.
- A Rath is a good all rounder.
- Average Fast bowlers with weak spin attack.
- N Khan- 45, A Khan- 25, B Hayat- 65 .
- A Rath- 20, E Khan-30, S Wasif-15.
- Wicket takers- T Afzal/ Nawaz, E Khan, N Ahmed (Spin), T Ahmed.
- Well experienced and balanced side.
- Top order batsmen (K Coetzer, P Momsen, C MacLeod) have scored centuries in ODIs.
- Good all rounders.
- Potent and accurate pace bowlers.
- Good spin bowlers (M Leask, M Cross)
- K Coetzer- 35, C Wallace- 60, C MacLeod- 105
- P Momsen- 70, R Barrington- 45.
- Wicket takers- S Sharif, C Sole, Con De Lange, M Cross.
- Scotland is very strong in all departments of the game.
- Hong Kong may surprise by withstanding full 50 overs but, that is a remote possibility.
- A total of more than 300 runs is on the cards if Scotland bats first.
- In case Hong Kong bats first, it is likely that the team will bundle up for about 200 runs in just under 40 overs.
Likely Winner- Scotland if the match is of 50 over.
Polls- Viewers can vote for their favorite team.