West Indie (WI) lost 1st ODI against Pakistan (PAK) on 30 Sep by 111 runs. Surprisingly, WI bowlers failed to contain PAK batsmen and their batsmen batted recklessly to bundle out at just 175 runs.
WI players clearly showed lack of application, focus and will power to bat for their country.
Can WI beat PAK in 2nd ODI on 02 oct 2016? Just wait and watch.
- Unlikely to change team which appears balanced.
- Top order can score runs. Middle order not very strong.
- All rounders are good and performing well with bat and ball.
- Likely scores- Azhar Ali- 65, Sharjeel Khan- 10, B Azam- 20, SMalik- 45.
- Sarfraz Ahmed- 25, I Wasim- 30, M Rizwan– 35.
- Likely wicket takers- M Amir, I Wasim, H Ali.
- Erratic and very casual in approach.
- Many players need to be rested.
- J Carter, E Lewis, A Joseph must play.
- D Ramdin is a poor wicket keeper. J Charles can keep wickets.
- J Charles- 30, K Braithwaite/ E Lewis- 45, M Samuels- 30.
- D Bravo- 60, K Pollard- 40, Braithwaite- 35, J Carter- 25.
- Likely wicket takers- S narine, A Nurse/S Benn, A Joseph/ S Gabriel.
- WI batsmen will go all out tp perform well- reputation at stake.
- PAK bowlers and all rounders are in form.
- PAK middle order is not very strong.
- PAK team could become complacent after winning T 20 series and first ODI
- WI top order may shine and plunder runs.
- WI bowlers need dedication and seriousness.
- Both teams will be equal as per players selected by me.
Likely Winner- WI