Can New Zealand beat India in 2nd ODI in New Delhi on 21 Oct 2016? India is already leading the 5 match series 1-0.
New Zealand would be wanting to win ODI series having lost the test series. What is in store for the Black Caps? Can Kiwis show their magic in New Delhi? Just wait and watch.
Kindly Note. I may mention here that Cricket is my passion and therefore, i write posts. I am not an astrologer. I predict out come of matches based on statistical data and present form of players and previous performances. My predictions may be wrong on a number of occasions. Kindly bear with me and enjoy reading my analysis.
New Zealand. The entire team failed miserably against spin in test matches and the bowlers struggled. Players may have been out of form and are likely to get into their right slots of scoring some runs. More so when Dare devils Ashwin and R Jadeja are not opposite them.
- A Devcich may replace either M Guptil or R Taylor.
- M Henry may replace D Bracewell.
- M Guptil- 75, T Latham- 30, A Devcich/R Talor- 35, K Williamson- 80.
- C Anderson- 40, J Neesham- 25, M Santner- 20.
- Wicket takers- M Santner, I Sodhi, M Henry, T Southee.
India. The batsmen had almost failed in the tests. It was the spin bowlers won them all tests. This ODI side can collapse unless any one out of top order scores very high. V Kohli has been the savior in many matches.
- Very weak middle order.
- Top order may find a low in form.
- Axar Patel is an over hyped player- very average with bat and ball. Check his stats. Rest him.
- R Sharma- 60, A Rahane- 20, V Kohli- 30, M S Dhoni- 45.
- K Jadhav- 30. M Pandey- 50, H Pandya- 30,
- Wicket takers- A Mishra, J Bumrah, H Pandya, U Yadav.
- NZ players will go all out to win this match to level spirits.
- Their top order will fire.
- India middle order is very weak.
- India pacers may struggle.
- NZ all rounders are stronger- Santner, C Anderson, J Neesham- all match winners on their day.
- NZ has better spinners.
- Only A Mishra can upset the visitors.
- Overall, NZ are stronger due to better all rounders.
Likely Winner- New Zealand
Polls. Cast your vote. Which team do you think will win?
Good luck both the teams. May the better team win?